Perhaps you’re tired of continuously cleaning up your gutters, or you live in a location with regular weather occurrences that necessitate gutter protection. You will need to know how to install gutter guards in either scenario.
Gutter guards operate as a cover to keep leaves and debris out of gutters, allowing water to flow freely and preventing clogs over time. They come in a variety of designs. While installing gutter guards can be a do-it-yourself effort, some situations are better handled by a professional.
Continue reading to learn everything there is to know about gutter guards and how to install them.
Time required: 2 to 8 hours
Estimated cost: $591 to $2,197
Before You Start…
While it is not recommended to create your gutter guards, homeowners with the necessary skills, equipment, and safety measures can install store-bought guards. Many homeowners may opt to hire a professional for this task because it involves using a ladder and demands comfort with heights.
Tips for How to Install Gutter Guards
• Before installing gutter guards, clean out the gutters.
• Select the appropriate gutter guards for your home.
• Either install the guards yourself or pay a professional to do it.
• Hang a bucket from an S-hook on the ladder for easy access to tools and supplies.
• Use a stand-alone ladder rather than one that rests directly on the gutters.
• Enlist the assistance of a friend or family member or stand near the ladder’s base to help prevent dangerous falls.